Friday, January 16, 2009

Start It Up

I've gotten involved with this class mostly as a way to hone my research skills and expand upon the tried and true methods I have implemented so far in my college career. I don't know about the rest of you, but I start to get bored with using the same procedures and methods all the time to get an end result (usually a paper). So I try to throw in other classes that can expand my mind a bit and allow for different ways of thinking. Life's not always about getting an A, so I feel the need to challenge myself.

Unless it's math. Forget that.

I haven't compiled a huge list to family information yet, but I do have the basics. I know my family tree up through my great grandparents. It may be hard getting a lot of primary information on both sides of my family past that simply because I only have one grandmother left on my dad's side and the grandma on my mom's side has Alzheimer's. But I'll do what I can. Luckily, I have a family connection with a second cousin who has done a ridiculous amount of research on my mom's side of the family.

I'm not really sure what to focus on though, so I'm a little worried about that. Hopefully I can carve out an idea by next Wednesday after talking with Suzie. I would like the final product to be more of a narrative in nature rather than a strict, mechanical rendering of my family. If anyone has any suggestions about where to start, I have no problem listening to your ideas.

Until next time,
Alex

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I have no suggestions, but don't feel alone. I have no clue what I'm going to do either!

    ReplyDelete